Test your printer
Want to make sure you'll be able to print the Stevens-Ness legal forms you purchase here? This page is designed to help. First, here are a few things to know about printing your forms.
- Laser printers will generally produce the best results, but good-quality inkjet printers will usually do fine too.
- Before printing, make sure your toner or ink supply isn't low or in need of replacement.
- Our forms are one-color documents, so it's best if you set your printer to "black & white" or "grayscale" output.
- Your printer must be capable of printing to within a quarter-inch (0.25") of the page edge on all four sides. Most modern printers can do this without problems. Stevens-Ness forms are designed to print correctly on printers that meet this requirement.
- Many printer drivers are preset to reduce the size of printed output to ensure that it will all fit on the page. But it's important to turn off this setting (often labeled "Scaling" or "Shrink to Fit"), because it can result in forms that don't meet the requirements of certain courts or other agencies.
- Some of our forms are designed for legal size (8.5" x 14") paper, so if you purchase one of these forms you will need to have legal size paper on hand. We alert you whenever you select a legal size form to view. Note: Even if your printer doesn't have a paper tray that will fit that size, you can usually use a rear feed tray or a manual feed option to print your form.
We created these Printer Test Pages so you can check your printer's capabilities before you purchase a form. The pages are downloadable PDF files, and all the information you need, including what to look for when you're testing, is found in the documents themselves.
IMPORTANT: Before you use the test pages, and definitely before you start using your purchased legal forms, be sure you have downloaded and installed Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is required in order to use our forms successfully. There are other programs that can open PDF files, but our forms are specifically designed to work only with Adobe Acrobat Reader and we cannot guarantee your results with other programs. Adobe Acrobat Reader is free; click here to download and install it on your computer. Once installed, open Adobe Acrobat Reader and use its "Open" command to access your purchased forms; simply double-clicking your forms may have different results.
Letter size (8.5" x 11") – Click here to download the letter size Printer Test Page.
Legal size (8.5" x 14") – Click here to download the legal size Printer Test Page.